Solvang 3rd Wednesday and Waste Management present
the Solvang Summer Concert Series
— Free, Live Concerts in Solvang Park, Every Wednesday through August 17 —
Solvang 3rd Wednesday and Waste Management have announced the 2016 season’s musical line-up, for the second annual Solvang Summer Concert Series. The Series, which entails free, live concerts in Solvang Park (Mission Drive and First Street) every Wednesday, June 15 through August 17, 2016, features musicians and bands of varied genres playing to crowds of both locals and tourists, who are invited to picnic in the Park during the family-friendly, evening concert events.
All Wednesday night concerts run from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM, and will include varying edible treats for purchase each week from the likes of the California Central Coast’s Big Joe’s Brats and Ranch Guys Catering, in addition to the adjacent weekly Santa Barbara Certified Farmers Market, ideal for stocking up on picnic provisions. Concert-goers are encouraged to bring blankets, chairs and fully-outfitted picnics – including their favorite beverages.
Solvang’s Summer Concert Series performers all hail from either the Santa Ynez Valley or other nearby locales, continuing Solvang 3rd Wednesday’s theme of “keeping it local”. Three of the ten Wednesday concerts (June 15, July 20, August 17) fall on Solvang’s monthly “3rd Wednesday”, which also brings the Solvang 3rd Wednesday Wine & Beer Walk; 3rd Wednesday deals at local merchants including boutiques of all sorts, restaurants and gourmet food purveyors; and discounts at local hotels.
The 2016 Solvang Summer Concert Series line-up, is as follows:
• June 15, The Caverns (Classic Rock); also Solvang 3rd Wednesday’s “Midsommer Musik” celebration
• June 22, Cadillac Angels (American Rockabilly Blues)
• June 29, Low Down Dudes (Classic Rock)
• July 6, Livewire (Rock)
• July 13, Rock Cats Rock (Rockabilly/Rock)
• July 20, Burning James and the Funky Flames (Funk/Soul); Solvang 3rd Wednesday
• July 27, Grass Mountain (Folk/Bluegrass)
• August 3, T-Bone Ramblers (Classic Rock)
• August 10, Soul Cats (60’s Rock/Soul/Pop & Big Band)
• August 17, The Mother Corn Shuckers (Bluegrass/Americana/Country/Original BeerGrass); Solvang 3rd Wednesday
Held the third Wednesday of every month, “Solvang 3rd Wednesday” is a special promotion in partnership with the Solvang Chamber of Commerce, encouraging Central Coast visitors and locals to “Walk. Shop. Wine & Dine”. Dozens of Solvang shops, restaurants, wine tasting rooms, wine bars and beer bars offer special sales and discounts all day.