Solvang 3rd Wednesday presents
the 2018 Solvang Summer Concert Series
— Free, Live Concerts in Solvang Park Every Wednesday,
June 13 through August 22, plus Five Friday Concert Dates —
The new Solvang 3rd Wednesday Committee and the Solvang Chamber of Commerce have announced the 2018 season’s musical line-up for the annual Solvang Summer Concert Series. The Series, sponsored in part by Waste Management, Montecito Bank & Trust and Aera Energy, entails free, live concerts in Solvang Park (Mission Drive & First Street) every Wednesday, June 13 through August 22, 2018, plus five Friday concert dates: June 15, June 29, July 13, July 27, August 10. The Series features musicians and bands of varied genres playing to crowds of both locals and tourists, who are invited to picnic in the Park during the family-friendly, evening concert events.
All Wednesday and Friday night concerts run from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM, and will include varying edible treats for purchase each concert date from the likes of Solvang’s Cecco Ristorante and Café Dolce, in addition to the adjacent weekly Santa Barbara Certified Farmers Market – ideal for stocking up on picnic provisions. Concert-goers are encouraged to bring blankets, chairs and fully-outfitted picnics, including their favorite beverages.
Three of the fifteen summer concerts (June 20, July 18, August 15) fall on Solvang’s monthly “3rd Wednesday”, which also brings the Solvang 3rd Wednesday Wine & Beer Walk; 3rd Wednesday deals at local merchants including boutiques of all sorts, restaurants and gourmet food purveyors; discounts at local hotels; and an added restaurant deal fashioned after the success of Santa Ynez Valley Restaurant Week.
Every 3rd Wednesday select Solvang restaurants offer a special three-course Solvang 3rd Wednesday menu for just $25++ per person. Participating Solvang 3rd Wednesday tasting rooms and wine/beer bars are also looped into the 3rd Wednesday dining deal, as participating Solvang restaurants offer free corkage on Solvang 3rd Wednesday for any bottle purchased from one of the Solvang 3rd Wednesday Wine & Beer Walk stops. As of the May 16 Solvang 3rd Wednesday, restaurants participating in this 3rd Wednesday promo are Mad & Vin at The Landsby, Succulent Café, Cecco Ristorante, and Fitzpatrick’s Tavern.
Nearly all of Solvang’s Summer Concert Series performers hail from either the Santa Ynez Valley or other nearby locales, continuing Solvang 3rd Wednesday’s theme of “keeping it local”. The 2018 Solvang Summer Concert Series line-up, is as follows:
• June 13, The Soul Cats (Soul)
• June 15 (Friday), Cuesta Ridge (Progressive Bluegrass)
• June 20, Burning James and the Funky Flames (Funk/Soul); also Solvang 3rd Wednesday
• June 27, Bear Market Riot (Power-Folk Americana)
• June 29 (Friday), Los Spindleros (Folk/Americana/Acoustic)
• July 11, Grass Mountain (Folk/Bluegrass/Acoustic Fusion)
• July 13 (Friday), The Rincons (Rock/Surf/Hot Rods)
• July 18, LiveWire (Classic Rock); also Solvang 3rd Wednesday
• July 25, Cadillac Angels (American Rockabilly Blues)
• July 27 (Friday), Rock Cats Rock (Rockabilly/Rock)
• August 1, T-Bone Ramblers (Classic Rock)
• August 8, Low Down Dudes (Classic Rock)
• August 10 (Friday), Free Radicals (American Funk, Jazz, Hip-Hop)
• August 15, Unfinished Business (60s Rock); also Solvang 3rd Wednesday
• August 22, SYV Jazz Band (Jazz)
Held the third Wednesday of every month, “Solvang 3rd Wednesday” is a special promotion in partnership with the Solvang Chamber of Commerce, encouraging Central Coast visitors and locals to “Walk. Shop. Wine & Dine”. Dozens of Solvang shops, restaurants, wine tasting rooms, wine bars and beer bars offer special sales and discounts all day.